Okay, that’s not really my mugshot. That’s my tribute to Nick Nolte’s mug. But like Nick, I also got sent to the clink — spent 24 hours in the New York City penal system. Oh what an adventure!
In this Off Off Topic episode of the podcast I talk all about that fascinating experience. Not something I’d recommend if you can help it, but it makes a good story.
Topics covered in the podcast:
- My introduction (0:00)
- Fender bender in high school (4:16)
- Pet peeve — reckless driving is like running down the street waving a sledge hammer (6:51)
- Minivan in the suburbs (8:25)
- Returning to NYC — alternate side of the street parking (10:00)
- I get pulled over for broken tail light (14:20)
- The sergeant demands my attention, fingerprinting snafus (16:42)
- The trip to the downtown with the holy-rollers, stopping for breakfast (21:10)
- The Tombs, making friends (24:07)
- The bathroom situation in jail (27:51)
- Somber moment, prisoners being lead back to Rikers (30:58)
- Why Judge Judy sucks (33:27)
- Paranoia sets in (36:00)
As usual my buddy Sal Clemente (of Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra) who wrote the podcast theme song, “Here We Go Again,” plays us out.Share this on Facebook or Twitter.