Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:22 — 55.3MB)
My friend Ann Talman has been developing her solo show, Woody’s Order! for a few years (well, arguably her whole life) about her relationship with her family and in particular her brother, Woody.
Woody’s Order! will be performed on Monday, September 29th at 9 pm in the 5th Annual United Solo Theatre Festival on Theatre Row. Click here for more details.
I was very pleased and excited to interview Ann and her director, Kel Haney, in New York.
Topics covered in the interview:
- Hello Ann and Kel — how they met — Ensemble Studio Theater (1:51)
- Matt Hoverman Workshop — How to Create Your Own Solo Show (4:20)
- Working on new work, solo work (7:07)
- The development and evolution of the sola show (8:55)
- What’s the show Woody’s Order! about? (13:47)
- How Kel got the theater bug (26:10)
- A director who likes to read! (30:54)
- How Ann got the theater bug, imaginary friends (33:36)
- Trying to give Woody a normal life — frustrations, sex (43:00)
- Doing Little Foxes on Broadway with Elizabeth Taylor, audition story (48:12)
- Kel meets Woody (51:02)
- Al Pacino meets Woody (55:24)
Less than a week after moving to Austin, I headed to New York to doggy-sit for my friends, Margo and Bill. So I captured this interview with Ann and Kel while in NYC.Share this on Facebook or Twitter.