This is part 2 of my Billy Hayes interview, and as you’ll recall, he was the inspiration for the 1978 movie Midnight Express with Brad Davis.
Please look out for Billy’s new one-man theatrical show which recently previewed in Edinburgh called Riding the Midnight Express which talks about some of his real life experiences — live and straight from the source!
Also in this episode I play my “ghost recording” for you to help me determine if it’s electronic feedback or other worldly communication.
Topics covered in part two of the interview:
- Intro to show (00:00)
- A possible recording of a ghostly voice? (01:17)
- Listener email and talking about Askwomen podcast (04:29)
- Part two of Billy Hayes interview – prison sex (07:03)
- The worst part of prison, and yoga saves Billy (12:01)
- Billy gets into acting with Bill Hickey and Eric Morris (17:39)
- Billy approaches playwright Tennessee Williams in Key West (24:10)
- Friend Harvey still suffers in Turkish prison (29:01)
- The true story of girlfriend who comes to Turkey, author of “Dangling Without a Rope” (38:57)
- Wife Wendy West — “best thing that ever happened to me” (41:51)
- Billy’s website info (44:51)
Also… I mentioned that a high school kid emailed me about my 10-minute play Corybungus (my ode to Monty Python) being performed. Here’s a link to that short play. It’s an easy read if you feel like checking it out. Please keep in mind that while it’s free to read, a royalty must be paid to perform it in front of an audience.
Share this on Facebook or Twitter.