In the second part of the Hamilton Clancy interview we visit stories about the Theater Ghost, a horrible audition story, how Drilling Company helped to raise money for the kids at PS87, and actors teaching Sunday school.
Don’t forget that Drilling Company is now running The Norwegians by C. Denby Swanson and directed by Elowyn Castle with the following cast: Hamilton Clancy, Veronica Cruz, Karla Hendricks, and Dan Teachout. The stage manager is Mary Linehan, and the house manager is Milena Davila. Go to the website for more info: www.drillingcompany.org.
Topics covered in the interview:
- Intro (0:00)
- The Drilling Company Theater Ghost as told by Dan Teachout (5:19)
- History of space – Mark Zeller (10:03)
- The new one-act read-aloud, Stephen plays a trick (12:25)
- The Drilling Company starts producing full-length plays (15:25)
- The haunted house at PS87, Zombie Labs (16:58)
- The Discovery Series for developing new plays (19:15)
- In Memoriam: Edwin Owens and Richard Harden (21:58)
- Actors teaching Sunday school (25:24)
- Now playing over 100 performances, The Norwegians (32:08)
- Hamilton’s bad audition story, the toy fair (35:24)
As usual my buddy Sal Clemente (of Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra) who wrote the podcast theme song, “Here We Go Again,” plays us out.